In this guest episode, The Occupational Philosophers chat with Dr Louise Mahler.
Dr Louise is the polymath’s polymath and is recognised as a Top 30 Global Guru in both Body Language and Communication.
She was an Opera singer for 10 years with the Vienna State Opera.
Louise’s qualifications include B.Econ; B. Mus; Post Grad Dip Music; L.Mus.A; Master of Applied Science in Organisational Change and a Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
She has completed an award-winning PhD around the unsung wisdom of the mind-body-voice connection she named Vocal Intelligence.
She is a sought-after commentator discussing leadership, body language and effective presentation on television, radio and in the media. Her recent interviews with Channel 7 where she analyses the body language of Harry and Meghan Sussex have over 2 million views.
Louise’s clients include Fortune 500 clients around the globe.
Louise was voted Keynotes Speaker of the Year in 2021 by the Professional Speakers Association and is the author of “Resonate: for people who need to be heard”
She is the virtuoso of the voice, the high priestess of hot air and the femme fatale of unfailing attraction.
In this episode we explore:
- The importance of breathing out (not just in)
- Why we all need to channel ancient Rome and have way more Grrrrrrrravitas
- Why communication should not just be a linear give and receive
- Why we need to stop making excuses for communication (including being left-handed)
- How we need to embrace Move, Move, Move
- How wit and levity are wingmen for all types of communication
- Why it’s important to be an active listener, not just a passive listener
- The importance of saying ‘yes, please!’ more often
More about Louise
Their day jobs
- JOHN: https://www.bowlandconsulting.com/
- SIMON: www.simonbanks.com.au
- SIMON SHOWREEL: https://youtu.be/YZQdJI6qGvg
Take the Innovation Scorecard!
Take creativity & innovation to the next level
Answer 25 questions and we’ll send you a personalised report to benchmark the level of creativity and innovation in your organisation
- It just takes a few minutes takes just a few minutes
- It’s completely free
- Receive customised results instantly