In this short, sharp Inbetweener episode, The Occupational Philosophers discuss “What is Philosophy”, after a teenager asked Simon that very question and he struggled a little to answer! He set off to explore and their conversation together highlights just what he uncovered:
- How ChatGPT can help Philosophy sound cool to a 14-year old teenager
- Some definitions that help get to the essence of what Philosophy is all about
- Just how little John and Simon know….rock on Socrates…!
- The 7 main branches of Philosophy
- How Philosophy helps challenge beliefs, assumptions and ‘sacred cows’
- Philosophy promotes critical thinking and new lenses to view problems and opportunities
- How organisations can adopt philosophical thinking to improve creativity, collaboration and innovation
- The fact that Simon and John cannot pronounce ‘Epistemology’…
FYI: The Inbetweeners episodes are just that – smaller episodes ‘in between’ the longer format episodes designed to give a little kickstart to enable you to be the most curious, creative and imaginative cat you can be – and have some fun in the process.
Their day jobs:
SIMON SHOWREEL: https://youtu.be/YZQdJI6qGvg